Friday, October 5, 2007

Grand Opening

Guess the news for Kingsport this week is the Grand Opening of Kohls. I ventured out to the big event after my dentist appointment on Wednesday. Yes I went, sore mouth and all. I don't know how I did it. I had received a $10 gift card in the mail good towards any purchase at the new store. That was burning a hole in my pocket worse than money from the tooth fairy. My goodness what a crowd!!! You would have thought that there wasn't another Kohls for miles and miles. Since when did it become such a burden for us to drive 20 minutes to shop? Isn't it wonderful though that now we have Kohls right here in our neck of the woods. No more HAVING to go to JC to get what they have. We are so lucky it's hard to put it into words. Twiddle dee dum, now I guess I'll wait until the other stores at the Pavilion have their Grand Openings. I just don't know if I can contain my excitement.




LAUGH TODAY

Love in a Mental Hospital

Jim and Edna were both patients in a mental hospital. One day while they were walking past the hospital swimming pool, Jim suddenly jumped into the deep end. He sank to the bottom of the pool and stayed there. Edna promptly jumped in to save him. She swam to the bottom and pulled Jim out. When the Head Nurse Director became aware of Edna's heroic act, she immediately ordered her to be discharged from the hospital, as she now considered her to be mentally stable. When she went to tell Edna the news she said, "Edna, I have good news and bad news. The good news is you're being discharged; since you were able to rationally respond to a crisis by jumping in and saving the life of another patient, I have concluded that your act displays sound mindedness. The bad news is Jim, the patient you saved, hung himself in the bathroom with his bathrobe belt right after you saved him. I am so sorry, but he's dead." Edna replied, "He didn't hang himself, I put him there to dry. How soon can I go home?"

No comments: