Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Thinking about my children today







Today I've been thinking so much about my children. Of course I think about them every day but sometimes you just have days that you think back when they were little children. I remember Chad used to love to build forts out in the back yard. He would be out there just building away and talking to himself. He'd say "Mommy, come look at my fort", then go on about how everything in it worked. If the weather was bad he'd have forts in the basement made out of all kinds of things from the big radio flyer wagon to daddy's shop vac. It was amazing to watch as the work in progress took place. Different objects added here and there and then walla the finished product.



Sarah was always the one that would be performing. She loved to dance, sing, act and all for the benefit of whoever would watch. She loved to be outside and at the neighbors. I remember a time that she wanted to roller blade downstairs like she was in the Olympics. She put on her little pink tutu and her big clunky roller blades, had me do her hair and she was all set. Well this was quite a feat as our basement was not very big and there was all kinds of stuff everywhere. She made do though and had me record her as she "ice-skated" her way to the Gold.



Oh, those were the days. I love to think back on them. Sometimes I see that little boy or girl looking up at mommy or daddy and my heart melts. But, life goes on and we're grateful for that and the fact that they are now grown and working yet at their dreams.




No comments: